Monday, August 24, 2009

My thrifty trip to Albertsons

We got 3 Albertsons doubles in yesterdays' Idaho Press Tribune. The best part of that is that I get 4 Sunday papers. YAY! That equals 12 double coupons. You can double a coupon up to $1.oo. A couple of these scenarios I got from Fabulessly Frugal , and A Thrift Mom.

I got 1 9 pack of 3 ply Quilted Northern, 4 containers of Lysol wipes, 3 6 packs of Arrowhead water, 2 Fat free International Delight coffee creamers, 2 Mt. Olive relishes, 3 Velvetta Shells and Cheese Cups, 1 loaf of bread, 1 Hershey bar and a pack of gum (the last 2 were fillers)
All for $5.10 OOP. Before coupons, doubles and Catalinas my total was $53.05. I saved $47.95.

Here is the breakdown:
The bread was $2.50 and on the package it had $1 coupon + doubler = $.50

The relish was $1.69. I used $.75 coupon + doubler = $.19/ea.

The water was $.87/ea. I did not have coupons for that. (my comp. wouldn't print them. UGH! Still very cheap water)

The Lysol wipes were 2/$2. used 4/$1 coupon + doublers = free

Velvetta Shells and Cheese $1/ea. used $1/2 = $.25/ea.

Creamer was $1.89. used $1 coupon + doubler = better than free. He did not adjust the price of the doubler down to $.89. So it was $.22 MM.(money maker)

The Quilted Northern was on sale for $5.99. used $1 coupon + doubler = $3.99 (good price for expensive TP.)

I also used $5.00 cat from the ongoing promo and $1 cat from the Velvetta promo.

If this confuses you all. I'm sorry. It sometimes doesn't come out right on paper or in this case on your screen as well as I would like it to. Please send me an e-mail if you have any questions.
dfox1975@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment